Thursday, February 19, 2009

write your own damn ending

Um…hello? Not sure if you can hear me…

…or that there's even anyone there listening.

I don't know if you remember me, but you were writing something, guiding me along my life. I'm not sure what happened, if you're ok or not, but it seems like we haven't been able to continue on here. My entire life has been put on pause and it feels like a fictional hell. My problems are here and I'm stuck living them day in and out. I never seem to get a resolution. There never seems to be an end to my suffering.

I thought that we had plans, that we were working towards something. Something grand that would have been soul-cleansing for us both. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I know you gave me everything and I should be grateful…and I am. But I just want an ending. Nothing too spectacular. I know the huge plans we both had, and man that would have been amazing. But for the sake of the times we did share…just….please…release me from this.

I never asked to be cast down here. Bound to these pages in a folder, floating in suspended literation as the tumblings of bits on your hard drive. I am your eternal prisoner, a captive of your words, snippets of dreamself given shape as something you dismiss so callously.

I love you for my creation and I hate you for leaving me here.

I'll write my own damn ending.

No comments: