Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Slacker Tuesday: Not Girl Comics but Comics by Girls

I know how you feel. Sitting there at work, putting off whatever it is that you gotta do, groggy and tired, barely able to form a coherent thought. It's best to take it easy today. Why not read some comics?

First I've take a selection of female creator comics from web collective Act-I-Vate.

Miss Lasko-Gross: A Mess of Everything


Molly Crabapple: Backstage


Jennifer Tong: Orifice


Jennifer Hayden: Underwire


You can also read the Geek Girl on the Street's review of the Act-I-Vate Primer.

***

A few other webcomics of note by female creators are:

Girls With Slingshots by Danielle Corsetto

Scene Language by Corey Marie

Octopus Pie by Meredith Gran

Random Assembly by Samantha Allen

I Was Kidnapped By Lesbian Pirates From Outer Space by Megan Rose Gedris

No comments: